What is Advanced Nutrient Therapy?
Advanced Nutrient Therapy uses nutrients rather than medications for correcting biochemical imbalances caused by genetic predisposition and environmental stressors.
Based on a half-century of scientific research by brilliant medical scientists and clinicians like Dr. William Walsh, Advanced Nutrient Therapy is an excellent example of modern epigenetic medicine, and has successfully treated and benefited thousands of patients diagnosed with depression, anxiety, OCD, PTSD, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, ADD/ADHD, autism, dementia, and other conditions.
How Does Advanced Nutrient Therapy Work?
- The individualized Advanced Nutrient Therapy is based on the genetic tests, urine test, and blood work to uncover the biochemical imbalances that are responsible for one’s illness.
- These biochemical imbalances cause all kinds of mental illness and brain dysfunction by affecting neurotransmitters’ activities. Nutrients rather than medications can treat these conditions more effectively and far more safely.
- This approach proved to be highly successful and has benefited millions diagnosed with depression, anxiety, PTSD, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, ADHD, among others.
Advanced Nutrient Therapy At Yang Institute
Physicians and providers at Yang Institute have been seeking safer, natural solutions that incorporate advanced tools with integrative depression treatments. Since 2013, Yang Institute has applied the Walsh methodology to its biochemical therapies for mental illnesses, brain dysfunction, and chronic pain.
Trained in both eastern and western medicine, Yang Institute’s physicians and holistic care specialists, in its offices in Philadelphia, Bryn Mawr and Marlton, conduct comprehensive and thorough evaluations. They then develop customized, strategic plans to address your health and wellness needs.
Such individualized plans help activate the body’s inner healing—achieving ultimate wellness of mind, body, and spirit. Numerous patients have experienced reduced symptoms, reduced need for medications, improved brain function, productivity, and quality of life.
Now I am 9 months into my treatments and completely off medications. I am happier, more social, and enjoy doing things and learning again.- Samantha
The Five Biotypes of Depression
Depression is a common mental disorder that impacts almost every aspect of a person’s life, reducing their ability to function while inducing fatigue and a feeling of worthlessness.
Based on his study of over 30,000 patients and representing disparate chemical imbalances, scientist Dr. William Walsh has defined five depression biotypes. He believes such biotypes may disrupt neurotransmitter or hormone production that regulates mood and energy levels.
The five biotypes of depression are:
- Under-methylation Over 38% of depression diagnoses may fall under this biotype. Those who are afflicted tend to exhibit low levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin. They may show high accomplishment levels but tend to have addictive tendencies. They can outwardly appear calm, but frequently carry a tremendous amount of tension.
- High-Copper Women comprise over 95% of this biotype. High levels of copper may lead to anxiety, postpartum depression, aggression and sensitive skin.
- Folate Deficiency Depressed patients having low folate levels have unusually low energy and a libido incongruent with their high anxiety. They often display a high number of food and chemical sensitivities.
- Toxic Metal Those with toxic metal depression typically report a periodic metallic taste in their mouth. They exhibit irritability and often mention abdominal pain. They show the impaired function of NMDA—receptors critical to memory function and synaptic plasticity.
- Pyrrole Disorder In this biotype, people experience severe mood swings, have noise and light sensitivity, and have high oxidative stress. Those with this biotype typically have a deficiency of zinc and B-6.
Yang Institute’s Integrative Mental Health Services
- Functional Medicine for Brain Health
- Herbal Remedies
- Neuro-Psycho-Energetic Therapy
- Psychotherapy and Medication Management
- QEEG and Neurofeedback Brain Training
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)