Seven Benefits of Acupuncture for Women’s Health
By Dr. Ruonan Zhang, M.D. (China), L.Ac.
Acupuncture is a safe and effective treatment for women’s healthcare for women. It is a non-invasive and drug-free approach to managing various women’s health conditions. Based on my experience of practicing acupuncture and TCM over 15 years at Yang Institute in the Mainline, I found acupuncture is an effective therapy for treating various chronic diseases and can help women in every critical stage of their lives.
The top seven benefits of acupuncture for women’s health include the following:
- Pain relief: It can effectively relieve pain caused by menstrual cramps, endometriosis, fibromyalgia, and chronic pain. Acupuncture can stimulate the release of natural painkillers in the body and reduce inflammation.
- Stress management: It can help reduce stress and anxiety by stimulating the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. It can also help regulate the nervous system and promote relaxation.
- Mental and Emotional Health: It can help manage stress and anxiety, improve mood and promote relaxation. Chinese herbal medicine can also be used to support mental and emotional health.
- Digestive health: It can effectively treat digestive issues such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), acid reflux, and constipation. It can help regulate digestive function and reduce inflammation in the gut.
- Menstrual health: It can help regulate menstrual cycles, reduce menstrual pain and discomfort, and improve the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Chinese herbal medicine can also be used to balance hormones and support menstrual health.
- Fertility and Reproductive Health: It can address fertility issues, such as irregular ovulation, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and endometriosis. It can also support women undergoing fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization (IVF). Chinese herbal medicine can also be used to improve reproductive health.
- Menopause: It can help manage the symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes, night sweats, and mood changes. Chinese herbal medicine can also be used to balance hormones and support menopausal health.
Integrative Women’s Health Program at Yang Institute
Yang Institute’s certified practitioners take a holistic approach to Women’s Health Care. By combining psychotherapy, acupuncture, herbal remedies, lifestyle, and nutritional counseling, they treat each patient as an individual and whole person and address the physical, emotional, and mental health aspects of her health. After a carefully planned treatment course, patients usually feel relief from their symptoms, their stress and anxiety levels reduced, their sleep quality and their overall wellness improved.
“With the onset of menopause, my lifelong healthy habits no longer seemed to apply to my aging body. Dr. Zhang has helped me manage menopause! Using acupuncture and a single herbal remedy, she has erased all my symptoms. Now, I feel well-balanced and once again in command of myself. My weight gain has stopped, I’m sleeping through the night, my hot flashes have all but disappeared, and I feel able to focus with energy and enthusiasm.”
– Mary S.
If you are suffering from any women’s health issues, you may consult our experts and schedule an evaluation to determine the best treatment.
Meet Women’s Health Experts at Yang Institute
Alene Bender Herman, Board-Certified Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
Dr. Ruonan Zhang, M.D.(China), L.Ap.
Dr. Qinhua Gong, M.D. (China), L.Ap.
Shannon Mulligan, Psychotherapist, Neuro-Psychotherapist, M.S.